CAPL Facebook Page
Discussion Forum
Fixtures & Results 2016/17
News Categories
Scottish Pool Association
CAPL Ind Singles Super Premier
CAPL Ind Singles Premier
League Meetings
THE NEXT MEETING IS MONDAY 1ST OCTOBER , 8PM NONSUCH .
Users Online
Guests Online: 2
No Members Online

Registered Members: 247
Unactivated Members: 11
Newest Member: Irvine 8 Ball
Latest Articles
nonsuch pool comp
capl doubles
Ayrshire Singles
NONSUCH SUMMER LEAGU...
missing cue
Last Seen Users
Ian Cowan00:17:22
jamiesmith 3 days
Irvine 8 Ball 2 weeks
thecardman 3 weeks
Mark Smith 6 weeks
warren fulle...10 weeks
Fruits10 weeks
Gerry Pentleton12 weeks
Ian snodgrass15 weeks
RyanCorbett15 weeks
View Thread
Central Ayrshire Pool League | Tournaments | Ayrshire Singles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author 10th march cup day
Deleted

Posted on 03-03-2018 01:02
Wish this committee would show some backbone and actually follow through with dates that they set! Alot of people have rearranged days off even took holidays to make this date and its changed with 7 days notice! Pandering to the minority as per usual. League is sinking to new depths
Edited by Deleted on 03-03-2018 01:03
Author RE: 10th march cup day
sillars

Posted on 03-03-2018 08:37
Who canít make it??

Nony comp winner 2009 :-)
Deleted

Posted on 03-03-2018 09:50
I don't no mate but surely a decision like this had to go to a vote
sillars

Posted on 03-03-2018 10:10
Definitely. To be honest I didnít even know it was on i was told a date in June. But would have still got a team for it. 100% should go ahead as planned regardless who canít make it. Itís not like it clashes with any Scottish events so no excuses

8ball67

Posted on 03-03-2018 10:20
The committee has taken the decision as 2 teams the Gulab and taylors were struggling to field teams with work commitments that left 6 teams so the decision was made apologies to the other teams we will try and get it played asap

George Coleman
sillars

Posted on 03-03-2018 10:35
The gulab struggle to get a team at the best of times. The problem is now youíve opened a can of worm now with the new date of 2 team can make that you will have to cancel it again. With the amount of commitment players have now with work and family it will be a struggle.

gazmclaugh

Posted on 03-03-2018 11:00
There is that much pool nowadays it is very difficult to fit everything in.

The cup 1/4 finals were originally scheduled to be played on the 23rd March but as that clashed with the counties then it had to be changed. The new date agreed with the Nony wasn't communicated out to the teams involved beforehand to see if it was suitable, if it had been then then it would have been highlighted and we would have all agreed on a date that suited all teams involved.

Martin's point about a vote is a good one and hopefully going forward if there is a change of date required for a tournament then this is what will be done to ensure no team is unfairly penalised through no fault of their own.

Gary McLaughlin
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 03-03-2018 15:26
Half to say this is abit of a joke.. if dates been made for a saturday it should go ahead then. 2 teams out of 8 cant field teams and both have probly signed enuf players more than 8 anywae this season for ther teams. Think real reason is these teams cant get a strong team and are trying to get it to suit them an nobody else.. very selfish and being pandered to by league!! A had holiday in for this and not guaranteed 2 get 1 for next time... will it be posponed if this is case? Dont think so...

Stats go for hee haw...class is permanent!!
underbelly

Posted on 03-03-2018 17:20
SHOCKING DECISION smiley

Alan Beattie
sillars

Posted on 03-03-2018 17:44
Who is on the committee that made this decision.

sillars

Posted on 03-03-2018 18:39
Only 3 of the 6 committee members had a vote george Ian and Ian.if it's a committee decision all member should have to vote but not the ones that have an interest in the outcome.

underbelly

Posted on 03-03-2018 18:40
EXACTLY,WORSE DECISION THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE IN MY OPINION smiley

Alan Beattie
fast eddie felson

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:14
Not sure why taylors name has been brought up . Had an odd guy in our team say he wouldnt play but apary from that i would have had enough . I have never cancelled a game or played early doubles etc to ensure i had strongest team , i would only ask to cancel if i couldnt fulfill a fixture

Chris Davis
gazmclaugh

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:23
Whilst I fully understand some peoples complaints regarding arranging holidays, time off work etc I think we are missing the point here.

When the competition started the date for the ľ finals was Friday 23rd March. Sometime after these matches were played and the ľ final line up was finalised, the committee have noticed that this date clashed with the counties and would need to be changed.

Now to try and get this resolved they have spoken to the venue to get another date agreed and they have both agreed on Saturday the 10th March without consulting any of the teams involved. What should have happened was that all teams involved were notified of the date clash and a new date found that was agreed BY ALL TEAMS. It was an honest mistake by the committee which they have now rectified.

Surely we cannot be saying that it is fair to penalise teams because a competition date (agreed in advance) has been changed without consultation? Basically a new date is chosen and if any team or teams who have qualified canít make it then they are out.

I think thatís where your can of worms might come in. Hereís a scenario for you:

The Scottish cup quarter finals which were due to be played this weekend are cancelled due to the snow. What do the S.F.A do?

1.) Select new dates without consulting any of the teams, police, ambulance service, stewards etc If any of the teams canít make it they are out of the competition and if we donít have any police, ambulance service, stewards then tough?

Or do theyÖÖ..

2.) Consult with all of the parties involved and agree on a suitable date/dates to allow the games to be played in a safe environment?

Every team that has qualified for the ľ finals has earned the right to be there, that right shouldn't be taken away because of a date change which wasnít agreed by all involved.

Gary McLaughlin
Deleted

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:24
fast eddie felson wrote:
Not sure why taylors name has been brought up . Had an odd guy in our team say he wouldnt play but apary from that i would have had enough . I have never cancelled a game or played early doubles etc to ensure i had strongest team , i would only ask to cancel if i couldnt fulfill a fixture

The plot thickens smiley
Deleted

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:28
can see some of your point dom but my captain informed me about the 10th about 3/4 weeks ago so surely every captain knew that this date had been penciled in?
gazmclaugh

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:38
The point isn't about the length of notice of the date change mate, it's the fact that it has been changed to a date that a team or teams cannot make.

All I'm saying is that when the date clash was identified all teams involved should have been consulted, like you said in an earlier post, there could have been a vote or discussion, either way the teams involved should have been informed and a date chosen which allowed all teams to play.

Remember as well that it was not originally supposed to be played out on one day, another change which was done without consulting all teams involved. If it was kept as the 1/4 finals on one night as originally planned then the individual matches could have been rearranged no problem.

Like I said it has been an honest mistake by the committee and they are now doing the correct thing in rectifying it.

Gary McLaughlin
underbelly

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:50
SHOCKING DECISION SIMPLES smiley

Alan Beattie
gazmclaugh

Posted on 03-03-2018 19:57
No I think what's more ridiculous is that a former chairman of our league thinks that it's okay to penalise a team or teams for something that is not their fault.smiley

Gary McLaughlin
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 03-03-2018 20:01
Gary a love yur lets see common sense posts trying to be devils advocate!!! But come on mate yur team cany get a strong enuf team just like some of yur league games this season an thats only reason your postn defendn this. How many signed players does yur team have out of curiousity? ..... smiley

Stats go for hee haw...class is permanent!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There is no content for this panel yet
Shoutbox