CAPL Facebook Page
Discussion Forum
Fixtures & Results 2016/17
News Categories
Scottish Pool Association
CAPL Ind Singles Super Premier
CAPL Ind Singles Premier
League Meetings
THE NEXT MEETING IS MONDAY 1ST OCTOBER , 8PM NONSUCH .
Users Online
Guests Online: 1
No Members Online

Registered Members: 247
Unactivated Members: 11
Newest Member: Irvine 8 Ball
Latest Articles
nonsuch pool comp
capl doubles
Ayrshire Singles
NONSUCH SUMMER LEAGU...
missing cue
Last Seen Users
Ian Cowan00:14:13
jamiesmith 3 days
Irvine 8 Ball 2 weeks
thecardman 3 weeks
Mark Smith 6 weeks
warren fulle...10 weeks
Fruits10 weeks
Gerry Pentleton12 weeks
Ian snodgrass15 weeks
RyanCorbett15 weeks
View Thread
Central Ayrshire Pool League | Meetings | Meetings
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author AGM 2014-15 SEASON
kvgrim7

Posted on 05-05-2014 21:20
THE AGM WILL TAKE PLACE IN TAYLORS
ON THE 10TH AUGUST SUNDAY 2PM
ANY TEAMS WISHING TO JOIN LEAGUE MUST STATE THEIR INTEREST AT THIS MEETING
THERE WILL ALSO BE A CHANCE FOR ANYONE WISHING TO JOIN THE COMMITEE
THE LEAGUE CUP WILL START NOT LONG AFTER THIS DATE WITH ONLY THE TEAMS IN ATTENDANCE
ALSO ANYONE WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS REGARDING FORMATS,RULES,SUPERLEAGUE OR ANYTHING REALLY ! BRING ALONG YOUR VIEW AND THE NEW COMMITEE WILL SEE IF IT WILL TAKE THE LEAGUE FORWARD FOR THE COMING SEASON
AFTER THIS THE NEW COMMITEE HOPE THAT THEY WILL BE LEFT TO GET ON WITH RUNNING THE LEAGUE FOR EVERYONES BENEFIT

THANKS
KEVIN GRIMES
CAPL MATCH SECRETARY
Author RE: AGM 2014-15 SEASON
kvgrim7

Posted on 07-05-2014 15:09
NO MONEY FOR THIS MEETING RAYMOND
JUST GETTING THINGS SORTED FOR THE COMING SEASON
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 07-05-2014 18:26
who u playn with raymond?

Stats go for hee haw...class is permanent!!
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 08-05-2014 08:10
good luck wae that mate.

Fruits

Posted on 08-05-2014 10:10
No offence to anyone here Raymond but theres no way a team from Killie should be trying to affiliate with the CAPL. You have KPL and EAPL on your doorstep. I hope this doesnt get voted in. Sorry pal.

Drew Byers
RoyStephens

Posted on 08-05-2014 10:47
News just in, the Gulab team will be playing out of Stranraer next season......Lol.......Rightly or Wrongly the league opened the doors for the Horseshoe last year and set a precedence so now people are gonnie try and play from anywhere and everywhere. They need to lock down some boundaries here. Furthermore the venue/table is terrible and would add nothing to the league. I'm wi Kiwi on this one, I for one won't be voting in favour of this.
Tam Newall

Posted on 08-05-2014 11:57
I disagree lads !! After a few teethin probs a think the horshoe boys have been a breath of fresh air to our league they also strengthen our league and are to a man a great bunch of lads!! Most of our league players are a twenty minute drive away from Kilmarnock tops !! We need more teams to make up a first and second division as the league split is hopelessly meaningless!! Welcome them in a heartbeat !!!smiley
Fruits

Posted on 08-05-2014 13:11
Tam, i agree 100% about the Horseshoe Team! They had valid reasons for wanting to join our league and i for one am glad they where aloud to affiliate.

I just dont think teams should be aloud to sign up from out with the area for the sake of it.

Drew Byers
fast eddie felson

Posted on 08-05-2014 13:13
This is the first I've heard of this, agree with tam in some ways about needing new teams in to get us up to 2 leagues, the split which I was a big advocate for in the first place is for me as we'll not really an option next season, I think 2 leagues is the way forward . But I also think widening the boundaries is an option too, as long as we don't welcome in a new team from a different area and make it an odd amount of teams in the league , I wouldn't have any objection to this. Killie is closer than Ayr as well

Chris Davis
bowster

Posted on 08-05-2014 17:33
I don't really mind more teams joining, as we dont have to accept them if we decide its not for the best! But really hope this year we can have 2 divsions from the off as we seem to have a really long season! Just my own thoughts on it all.

Stewart Bowie

Barca Pool All The Way!!!!!
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 19-05-2014 17:38
why make league biggr just to get 2 divisions.... make league smaller hav 1 division of teams that hav bn in out league for years! othr teams who dnt want to play in a top division 1 league can organize ther own league with teams from wotever town they want..

ronnie ballantyne

Posted on 19-05-2014 17:41
the 2 league system wouldnt work in our league most people like playing everyone see there friends etc make league smaller 1 league PLEASE DO NOT SWEAR the outsiders ill defo be voting no i voted no for horseshoe as we would be opening the door this more people wanting in (horseshoe guys are all nice guys nothing to do with them) but if folk keep getting let in league will be a farce imo

hidden team winner 2011
nony saturday comp semi finalist beat 5 4 on the black
2012 superleague final observer
thursday night frame winner
fast eddie felson

Posted on 19-05-2014 22:41
I do prefer one league as I've said before, playing in the caley, stewarton , tartan etc is te best nights in the league , hearing there will be 6 teams from the nonsuch next season which is far too many. Too many visits to the one venue makes for a stale league , it's no fault of anyone's why this is but I know I speak for my team , we prefer going to play in the pubs which is why I was against 2 leagues last time , personally it would have meant playing in watersports & nonsuch nearly every other week. We need to get the balance right or some teams will lose interest

Chris Davis
Tam Newall

Posted on 20-05-2014 05:18
No chance there will be 6 teams in nonsuch next year!! I think a one league system is much better but not when u have a split !! Ridiculous !! If we make our league smaller we lose our growth and strength!! Why not go back to league and cup games on a Thursday night only,then make singles ,doubles 2 man team and so on over the weekend maybe even including a Friday night!! This way you would be able to accommodate a full league home and away scenario! Singles and doubles have very very poorly attended over the last few years in any case !! Probably around 100 maximum in singles this year which is a total disgrace!!
SoupKing

Posted on 20-05-2014 09:46
My 2 cents worth ...............

1 LEAGUE
I'VE NO BIG PROBLEM WITH A SPLIT
I'D SAY ANY VENUE 4 TEAMS MAX
WE SHOULD WELCOME ANY NEW PLAYERS NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE
THAT SAID IF THESE GUYS WANT TO PLAY CAPL POOL - FIND A CAPL PUB!

** 1st Prioritize Thursday nights for league TEAM pool, its the meat and drink of any pool league and always will be. 2nd schedule in the cup games best you can for Thursday early rounds - Friday late rounds (we might have a cup comp too many right now?). 3rd Schedule all other short format and individual events AND SHARE THEM ALL AROUND THE LEAGUE to the last 16. 4th Have a big celebration finals & presentation weekend - Fri Night / Sat / Sunday pool extravaganza (including some scheduled time for flyers so everyone can get some pool, maybe even play the WHOLE KO CUP that weekend, a SuperLeague style event only without caravans :-)

Stevie Hill
fast eddie felson

Posted on 20-05-2014 10:57
Only passing on what I've heard tam. I agree there are too many cups though , must be half a dozen just now. Do away with the league cup at the beginning of the season, enrol your team and get on with it, frees up 4 - 5 weeks of the season. Ko cup , caley cup and consolation for the diddys from the ko . That's only 2 Thursdays and the other rounds on Fridays.

Chris Davis
Fruits

Posted on 20-05-2014 12:32
SoupKing wrote:
My 2 cents worth ...............

1 LEAGUE
I'VE NO BIG PROBLEM WITH A SPLIT
I'D SAY ANY VENUE 4 TEAMS MAX
WE SHOULD WELCOME ANY NEW PLAYERS NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE
THAT SAID IF THESE GUYS WANT TO PLAY CAPL POOL - FIND A CAPL PUB!

** 1st Prioritize Thursday nights for league TEAM pool, its the meat and drink of any pool league and always will be. 2nd schedule in the cup games best you can for Thursday early rounds - Friday late rounds (we might have a cup comp too many right now?). 3rd Schedule all other short format and individual events AND SHARE THEM ALL AROUND THE LEAGUE to the last 16. 4th Have a big celebration finals & presentation weekend - Fri Night / Sat / Sunday pool extravaganza (including some scheduled time for flyers so everyone can get some pool, maybe even play the WHOLE KO CUP that weekend, a SuperLeague style event only without caravans :-)

Like this!

Drew Byers
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 20-05-2014 13:45
chris ther wer 6 teams but 1z moved to watersports now an 1 has joined up with anthr team so back to 4 from nony am hearn now... new players new teams from capl pubs and finals days a great idea from stevie.. we could evn hav a trial run with our cup final playd on nite of presentation nite evn start it at 7pm so doesnae run on to late... thoughts?

gazmclaugh

Posted on 20-05-2014 14:06
Here’s my thoughts……….

League Set Up – Unless we get a big uptake in the amount of teams registering to play then I think the only sensible option is to have 1 league (Split or Whole). As the old saying goes ‘Familiarity Breeds Contempt’ and with 2 smaller leagues that is exactly what will happen. Playing 8 or 9 teams minimum (Will be more with cups) twice a season will quickly become boring and repetitive and teams will lose interest.

Venues & Teams – I get Stevie’s point regarding capping the amount of teams at venues but the problem we have is that there just isn’t that many venues out there who want a pool team. If the Non Such or any other venue that opens can & want’s to house 3,4,5,6 etc teams then I don’t think we should be putting a stop on it. We all want the league to get bigger and stronger and that is not going to happen if we put rules like that in place. Keeping the 1 league set up will ensure that no matter how many teams play out 1 venue, teams will not get fed up as there will still be plenty other teams to play and venues to visit.

New Teams - The way the pub trade is at the moment, I don’t think we can afford to dismiss any teams outright without at least looking at what they can bring to the league. By all means vet them beforehand e.g. Location of Venue, Standard of Players, Playing Conditions etc After which the league members are informed through their captains and we take a vote (1 vote per team), if it passes then the team joins if not then we do not have to accept them. This misconception that we have somehow set a precedent by allowing the Horseshoe to join baffles me to be honest. We are in charge of our own league and if we do not feel that a team looking to join adds any value then we can turn them down if we wish. If you look at the Horseshoe boys this season, there is no doubt for me that they have added to our league greatly, so it shows that looking at new teams from other areas can work.

Presentation Night - I have been harping on for the past couple of seasons that this needs to be changed as it is totally pointless in its current format. For me we should be looking at having a Finals Day where you would have the following:

Cup Finals
Doubles Final
Two Man Team Final
Flyer or Flyers (For everyone)
Singles Final (Main Event)
Trophy Presentation

It’s very simple to be honest. All you do is pay out the league placement prize money at the start of the day before a ball is struck, that way the venue who is sponsoring the event will get a good turn as the pool boys who will be in the venue for the day will have plenty coin to spend. This ensures that the main sponsor will get a good return on the investment they will be making and the players will be happy as they have their cash right of the bat. The events are scheduled throughout the day culminating in the main event in the evening (The Singles) which will get the audience it deserves in my opinion. You then have the trophy presentation and prize money for the events played throughout the day. Again this ensures that the venue who has sponsored it gets a good return as you will essentially have players in their from about 10am or 11am till 9pm-10pm at night.

In my opinion Finals Day should be an event that every team and player looks forward to. What we have currently is outdated and tired and to be honest a waste of everyone’s time.

Gary McLaughlin
Edited by gazmclaugh on 20-05-2014 18:48
DAVIE TRAIN

Posted on 21-05-2014 08:51
ou r league was made so good becoz of 1 league home and away... we tryd ideas like split just isnt workn in ma eyes so back to 1 league home an away is best way forward ma eyes...

regarding new teams least they could do if they wish to join is find club/pub close to other teams in our league that hav playd an made our league what it is.. again av nothing against guys from ayr but using them as an example here how many teams go down thr with weaker teams becoz of wer it is? on the odd occassion wn u hav to rearrange games how many players want to waste a monday tuesday travelln these distances to play? just ma opinion tho like above.... but the whole idea new teams from werever bettrs our league ad hav to dissagree our league is one off the best in scotland rember with the teams already in it.. all these other teams arw doin is weakning ther local leagues at grassroots an county levels in ma eyes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There is no content for this panel yet
Shoutbox